COVID-19 Subcontractor Update
Dear valued subcontractors,
In response to the evolving nature of COVID-19 and governmental and health agency guidelines, we are writing to update you on the Turner Homes office changes. Effective March 18, 2020, Turner Homes office team members will be working remotely and our office is officially closed. We have taken this action for the health and safety of you, our employees, clients, vendors, and our community.
We will continue our normal field & internal operations through BuilderTrend and do not anticipate any major interruption in delivering high-quality homes. We are dedicated to meeting all deadlines and scheduled appointments. If there are any major changes to your schedule or timeline, you will be updated accordingly.
All field operations will remain on our normal schedule and should continue with little to no interruption. Our subcontractors, vendors, builders, and site managers are all extremely blessed to continue to work each day in the great outdoors. Nature has a calming beauty and mood-boosting effect on us as humans. The CDC actually recommends spending time outdoors during this time.
Our goal is to keep you and our team healthy so that we may continue to provide homes. To keep everyone healthy, we recommend following the CDC’s guidelines for maintaining good health:
- Workgroup separation plan where team members will limit their contact with each other. This also includes a separation between our team members and our customers. Please do not enter any homes that are occupied by homeowners. Try to maintain a 6-foot distance from others when possible, and always be sure to cough or sneeze into your elbow, washing your hands thoroughly with soap and water afterward.
- Make sure you have the proper sanitization tools available in your truck or work station: hand sanitizer, gloves when necessary, and disinfectant wipes.
- Increase the frequency of sanitization of your tools and high-touch items.
- Limit in-person meetings; try to communicate through phone calls, text, or email.
- More work from home time for team members that have positions conducive to working remotely.
- Touching as little as possible at our homeowner’s properties.
You may continue to reach us by email, BuilderTrend, or calling the office at 865-777-1700. We will encourage phone conferences in lieu of in-person meetings over the coming weeks. We will be proactive in shifting many scheduled meetings to conference calls. We can readily arrange multi-party conference calls among ourselves and you if needed. It is important that we stay connected during this time and remember that we are still within reach.
We are so grateful for the hard work you continue to provide to help us build wonderful homes! During this time of unprecedented fear and uncertainty, Turner Homes remains committed to your health & safety. Our team is here for you, and please feel free to reach out to your Builder or Site Manager with any further questions or concerns you may have.